There are lots of fantastic opportunities in Portales and Roosevelt County. Roosevelt County and Portales sit in the center of America's largest cattle region, 7th-largest dairy region, and one of the most productive grain, biomass, wind and solar farm areas in the US. The young, educated, productive and diverse population of Portales provides an excellent 21st-century workforce, centered in one of the most affordable business and housing regions in the Southwestern USA. Great public schools, Eastern New Mexico University and Cannon Air Force Base add to the area's culture and sophistication, and public safety is excellent. Roosevelt County is a great place to live, work, and grow.
Some of Portales/Roosevelt County's benefits include:
- Large industrial and renewable energy base with trained technical employees and affordable land and infrastructure
- Ample large tracts of renewable energy and agricultural/livestock land are available at reasonable prices
- Young, stable, educated workforce and great public schools
- New Mexico's third largest state university with 5,000 people, making excellent and stable employees and consumers
- Cost of Living less than 85% of US Average in 2009 (primarily property), with steady to rising home and property values
- Excellent access to West Coast and Gulf Coast ports (one day trucking), BNSF rail access to both coasts
- One-half to one day drive from Albuquerque, Dallas, Denver, El Paso, and Phoenix markets
- Business-friendly state and local government offering generous incentives tailored to your needs
- Nationally-certified site selector will assess your needs honestly and offer expert guidance
- Low economic stress factor as rated nationally in 2009
Business is growing now, so come and join us!
Questions? Contact Us!
Greg Fisher, CEcD
100 S. Avenue A
Portales, NM 88130